Tuesday 18 November 2008

Blended Learning

Currently working on the finalised content for the ECDL course for Year 12 students. The course will be a catch-all example of a Blended Learning course that runs parallel with an extra-curricular course that I'm running. The intention is to provide a course that can be followed in isolation by those who can't attend the after school sessions, whilst at the same time supporting those who can attend.

I am trying to make the content as interactive as possible whilst at the same time trying to ensure that the content isn't seen as patronising by the students taking the course.

My catchment group is diverse and I do not want to alienate those students who cannot attend the face-to-face sessions that I will be running.

To do list:
  1. Incorporate Hot Potatoes tests in the course
  2. Embed SCORM compliant units from other sources

No comments: