Monday 24 November 2008

ECDL course set up

Well my Moodle ECDL course for Unit 1 starts to take shape. I have my first proper class with the students who've shown an interest so far, so I have populated the ECDL course with a variety of content to keep their interest.

There's some lesson notes (a bit wordy but there's no way round it sadly) and a workbook for them to complete. In addition I've linked to some resources on the web with some definitions - always useful. To keep their interest I've linked to a fun game that tests their knowledge and a summative test for the end of the Lesson and I have set up a discussion forum for any of their questions which can be followed up outside the lesson. The whole 'chunk' is finished off with an evaluative 'Choice' in which I've asked what they thought of the pace of the lesson. I also like to add images and found a CC image showing computer systems from the 70's which I added as a label.

Such courses benefit from the use of underlined text labels to divide the 'Topic' content into themes, otherwise it can be a bit overwhelming for the student to see 10 'things' in a long list.

So I wait to see what the students think of it all tomorrow.

No comments: